Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sweet tea and sorbet

Did you guys know that June is national iced tea month in the U.S.A? Here are some recipes to get you going.

 You're going to start with two cups of filtered water.


Now it's time to boil the water, we don't want a rolling boil, just as it starts to boil pull it off. 

 Grab some of your good quality loose leaf black tea.



 Put in 6 teaspoons, give it a stir with a spoon to get the tea leaves moving and let it steep for 3 two 5 minutes. I like my tea strong so I steeped mine for 5.

Strain in to desired container, I'd advise against plastic for obvious reasons.

Add your sugar ( 3/4 cup ) and then stir until it's dissolved, then add 4 cups of cold filtered water.

 Stir, stir, stir.

 Add 3 cups of ice.

Then sip and say ahhhhh.


Next up is sweet tea and raspberry sorbet.

 I used frozen raspberries as finding good quality ones in Vegas is somewhat difficult. I whizzed mine in my blender and then strained all the seeds out.

 All the raspberries and juice should come to about a half a cup.

 Two cups of sweet tea.

I put it in my ice cream maker attachment for my kitchen aid and let it run for 20 minutes. It's really hot where I live, I did this at night and it was still 85 degrees so it wasn't very frozen yet. Put it in a freezer safe container and let it sit in there over night.

 Aaaah yes, it came out well though! The raspberry obviously colored it beautifully but the sweet tea taste is still very present. It was very refreshing and light, perfect for a hot summer day.


Happy sipping!




4 comments: