Saturday, May 10, 2014

Family, strawberries and some angelic cake.

Every family gathering ( excluding birthdays ) between the months of March and August there is always strawberry shortcake.




                                I add about 1/4 cup of white sugar and a little vanilla extract to my strawberries
                               and let them sit over night. 
                                   


                                   This is a sweet little cook book that was publish in 1958. There are so many amazing recipes in here that I can't wait to try and isn't the cover cute?  Okay so this isn't technically "short cake" but my Husband's favorite cake is Angel Food ( weirdo, I know ) so I indulged him. We should all thank Mrs. Fegley because this angel food cake is fluffy, light, angelic goodness.

 I used my Kitchenaid mixer to whip my egg whites for about 5 minutes on medium, just check for stiff peaks. I used three loaf pans instead of a tube pan and baked them for 30 minutes. Every oven is different though ( mine runs hot ) so keep an eye on your cake, if the top is no longer sticky it's done.




                             Add vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for some added goodness.

2 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious, this was not a great post to read after skipping breakfast, haha! Thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very yummy and light, perfect for a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete