Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Harney & Sons Earl Grey Supreme review

       

I purchased this tea for my Husband, he adores Earl Grey. I think it makes him feel a bit like Captain Jean-luc Picard.



It comes in a very attractive and sturdy tin.

                                  
                                   My first impression of this tea is that it smells amazing. If I could get a perfume that smelled exactly like this tea I'd wear it every day. It's intoxicating. The leaves are of good quality and it looks well blended. This tea is a mixture of black tea, oolong and the silver needles of the white tea.

                                                                           


Harney & Sons suggest  212° F temperature.

 I steeped mine for 5 minutes.


My sweet Beanie cat kept my company while the tea was steeping. He and I bird watched together.



The liquor is lighter than other Earl Greys because of the larger tippy teas and silver tips. The aroma of the steeped tea is excellent, it compels you to take a deep breath as the steam hits your face. I had that "ahhh" moment where I could feel my shoulders relaxing just a bit.


 I found this tea to be very well balanced, which is saying something because there is more bergamot in this tea than the average Earl Grey. It is also sweet all on it's own so no sugar is needed. I paired it with one of the shortbread cookies left over from Mother's day. I found it complimented the rich, buttery cookie very well. If you hadn't guessed already I really loved this tea and I don't even much care for Earl Grey. I bought my tin from Amazon if you're looking to buy some, which you should because it's divine.

 This snack set I used is called Amber Tiara and it was made by the Indiana Co.

 This is one of my favorite snack sets, it reminds me of beautiful stained glass when the light passes through it.


 Does anyone else get nosy teatime visitors?


These last two pictures were taken a few months ago and are a prime example of Mo nosing about.


 Milk went absolutely everywhere.



Happy tea drinking!
                             

3 comments:

  1. Things like this make me wish I liked tea - your tea sets are so cute, and it looks like a really relaxing process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A British citizen that doesn't like tea! Whenever I encounter someone that doesn't like tea I insist on making them a cup ( the proper way with good quality loose leaf ) and if they still don't like it I concede completely. I'm not sure why I feel like it's my personal mission to spread the love of tea, I imagine it's slightly off putting.

      Now that I'm done being annoying..Thank you! I love snack sets. I imagine they were used during a bridal shower or ladies book club in the 60's. It is very relaxing, whenever my nerves I shot I go straight for tea.

      Delete
  2. Your tea set is sooo adorable :) I actually like Earl Gray, but I tend to put a little milk in it to give it more of a taste. I'm weird like that.

    ReplyDelete